Monday, September 28, 2009

Comics! Comics! Comics!

When I was a kid, I used to go grocery shopping with my mom and sit at the magazine rack reading comics (when they used to sell comics on those white spin racks).

The title that caught my eye the most was G.I. Joe. Cool weapons, secret operations, ninjas etc. I especially used to like when they would give a blueprint to some sort of vehicle and point out areas of interest.

I collected every single issue...from #1 to the final #155.




Along the way, for some strange, unknown reason...I sold my collection for $.10 a piece. To this day it's got to be the worst mistake I've ever made. Now that there's a movie coming out, the prices of these books have sky-rocketed. Not that I would ever sell them now, but it would be nice to have the originals.

However, I'm doing a pretty decent job of recollecting the series. CCL is a great place to find amazing deals on comics.

You can check out my comic collection here.

Some of the books I'm really into at the moment are Chew, North 40, Absolution, Rotten, Walking Dead, Deadpool, Crossed, Avengers, Uncanny X-Men and a book called "Days Missing". Days Missing has only had one issue published yet but it's a really cool premise, check out their website for some intriguing stuff.

If you're interested in any of the issues I have I am always willing to work out a trade. I'm mostly interested in G.I. Joe books so just drop me a line if there's anything there you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.