Friday, January 22, 2010

I Am The Monarch Of The Sea!


Harrison Ford.

O my prophetic soul!/Mine uncle!


My uncle on my wife's side is the only other Republican to be found in the family. He and I can usually be found sitting on the couch discussing the Civil War, WWII, taxes and foolish liberals.

However, we can't agree on who plays the better Jack Ryan. He claims that Baldwin is the winner, I prefer Ford. He sites the fact that, in Clancy's writing, Ryan is a bit of a slickster...he likes his fast cars, he's a hot-ticket, fast-talking smoothie. Bladwin plays that part very well, and he's also in the best Clancy book-to-movie adaptation to date.

I prefer Ford. Maybe it's because I grew up watching him play all my favorite characters - Indiana Jones, Han Solo etc so there's a warm spot in my heart for him...in a very platonic, non-stalker way mind you. I've always found Ryan to be soft-spoken, confident yet cautious in his analysis.

So, which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.