Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Deadpool Reaching Saturation Point


I finally got around to reading the latest Deadpool book, "Deadpool Team-Up #897". Now, I'm as big a fan of 'The Merc With A Mouth' as the next guy but it's getting to be a bit overkill.

With the new Deadpool movie coming out soon, Marvel is soaking this character for everything it's worth.

With that, the writing is to quote a famous short guy, is unfortunately starting to get a bit too"... thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much bread."

The book struggled right from the start. The writer, Andy Glass, failed quite miserably in his first attempt to write something without Benson holding his hand.

I had this epiphany when Glass wrote this side-splitting, gut-buster line of originality the likes of which entertainment has never seen:



I'll give these "Team-Up" issues a few more tries, but the first one was good, second one was ok and this one was plain horrible. Hopefully they hand the writing over to someone with a little more imagination. I'd rather have my politics insulted by someone with half a brain, at the very least.

I do want to see a Deadpool trailer at some point, though. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't seen X-Men 2 yet, nevermind X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's not for lack of trying either, mind you...I've got the trilogy on DVD and Wolverine on Blu-ray just waiting.

Anyway...yeah...Deadpool #897 sucked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.