Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Nice Fat Pipe

So I was at work Friday and I had noticed that, all week, I had been downloading at a pretty high rate of speed. I figured we had a regular T1 So I got to wondering what my bandwidth was and what my download speed was.

At work here's the kind of speed and bandwidth I get to play with:



I'm consistently downloading at 40.* MB/s and uploading at 20 MB/s. And it's drool-worthy. We're running a DS3

Here's my results from home:



Needless to say it's fun to play at work.

I live about 10 minutes from work. A 21 millisecond difference in ping time for that short of distance is pretty impressive.

I downloaded about 24GBs in under 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.