Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Haunt. If You're Not In Love With This Book You're Nuts

Haunt, written by Kirkman...yeah he can simply be called Kirkman now. Like DeNiro, Pacino, Scorsese.

This book is great. The first arc just finished and it was amazing. The art is absolutely perfect...steely grayish blues, creamed whites, stark blacks and a really, really cool protagonist.

Basically, this priest who smokes, drinks and likes prostitutes has his life saved by his dead brother's ghost and they meld into one blackish-bluegrey and white hero named "Haunt".

I can't say enough about this book so I'm just going to keep this post short. I've read the first arc at least 4 times. Each time finding something new hidden in the art, or some detail I missed the last time.

If you're lucky enough to find the first prints of the first 5 issues...buy them. Or just wait for the TPB which should be out soon.

Buy it, you will like it. And you will thank me and consider me a god-like figure from whom you will constantly seek all sorts of wordly advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.