Monday, October 11, 2010

What Hate IS, And What Hate Isn't - A Leftist's Lesson In Free Speech, Hate & Censorship

A few weeks ago, an email made it's rounds around my workplace called "Men Who Lack Adult Supervision". It consisted of some harmless pictures like these:




Harmless fun that gave me a good chuckle.

Seeing as though I was wasting time on the internet anyway busy at work I figured I would check the net for some more pictures.

The Googlewebs search I then did led me to a blog, nice deb.  She had those same pictures posted, probably from the same email.

However, at the end of her post she added a few extra pictures...I will post them all in the interest of full disclosure...











Some idiot who calls himself "Bruce The Economist" labeled the pictures as "hateful", created a linkback to nice deb with his own post called "Hatred That's Hard For Me To Understand" and then proceeded to berate nice deb with the typical thinly veiled "you're a racist" drivel.  This is "Bruce The Economist's" blog entry.

I made a comment over at his blog, asking him if this was the kind of "hate" to which he more able to understand.

Here is that comment as it sits today:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Is this a hatred you are more easily able to identify with?
http://comicnut.blogspot.com/2010/10/loving-tolerant-left-hates-you-and.html

October 7, 2010 at 5:41 pm
I checked back on lil ol Brucie on the 10th of October to see what he had to say about that,  and lo and behold my comment was, as you can plainly see in the above red colored font...my comment was being triaged.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was on vacation, or was too busy teaching sociology at some community college to answer back or at least allow the comments sitting in his comment queue to go through.

That wasn't the case as between the time I posted my response and the time when I checked back in...Bruce had made seven more blog entries about the great Obama.  So I commented again:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Ahh, the typical liberal.

Free speech is your worst enemy. Why did you leave a comment that agrees with you up, yet triage my post into oblivion.

Notice the page from which you linked this article allowed you to post a dissenting viewpoint?

Are you lefties supposed to be the ones that are “open”, “tolerant” and “accepting”? Or are you only “open”, “tolerant” and “accepting” to other lefties?
I’ll post again, even though you won’t let it do through to your section because it makes you lefties look like the complete hypocrites that you are (combined with your censorship of a post that disagreed with you).

If the pictures you saw on that other blog are a brand of “hate” you simply cannot understand, I ask you…is this the type of hate you DO understand?
http://comicnut.blogspot.com/2010/10/loving-tolerant-left-hates-you-and.html


October 10, 2010 at 1:29 am
I really wish I could stop being surprised when I see such blatant misuse of terms like "hate", "racism", "fascist" etc.  It's the only three cards liberals ever play with.  I mean, they want to play with everyone else, but they only have the three cards.

They need to buy a booster pack.

I beg of you...post a comment over at Brucie's place. 

We can keep a running tally of how many differing opinions he keeps from being read.  Please, stop by and see li'l ol' Brucie.  How many screens of censorship can he keep going?

On another note, my next post will be number 200.  Let's hear some ideas on what I should write about...

*Update - Come on folks...gimmie a goodie to post about for post 200.  Anything!  Any topic...I'm extremely versatile.  You saw my post on Diane Keaton...you've seen my work on comics, Barry Obama...even computers.

Number 200 needs to be a cultured, enthralling non sequitur.  HIT ME!

3 comments:

  1. How about something about Zack Snyder directing both the 300 prequel and the Superman reboot (with Chris Nolan!)? Are you looking forward to it? What expectations should I have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a tough choice. Lots of entries...I wasn't expecting so many.

    So...let me think about this...













    Superman reboot it is! YOU WON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about something about the sociology of comics. I'll use it in my class at the community college, assuming its not beyond me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.