Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Dream Theater Drummer

The Lord Almighty Upon His Throne
Have you asked yourself, as I have been since "The Day", who is Dream Theater's new drummer?  Since The Day  they've been auditioning to fill in for the astonishing, awesome, fascinating, incredible, marvelous, prodigious, shocking, stunning, surprising, unbelievable, wonderful, bewildering, breathtaking, extraordinary, impressive, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, wonderful, wondrous ex-drummer Mike Portnoy?

Yes?  You have?  Good, then I wrote the right post for you.  I'm thinking about you when I make posts.  Not him or him....you.

My call is this guy, he's a badass and his name is Aquiles Priester:

1
2
3

Damn good.  Probably one of the best guys I've heard in a long, long time.  Is he as "musical" a drummer a Portnoy,  No. Not in my opinion.  He's absolutely mind-boggling fast, and Freakeys is some of the coolest music out there.  However, I'm hoping he can session the next album and Mike will come back and order will be restored to the world.

Nothing surpasses these kinds of chops:

1
2 - incredible from about 40 seconds on, the everything after the 2 minute mark is not humanly possible and is illegal in 40 countries.
3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.