Sunday, February 13, 2011

htc Incredible, Some Interesting Finds

I adore my new mini-computer htc Incredible.  While sending a text message the other day I noticed something I found a bit odd.

Now, the last time I was in a church was when I got married.  Before that, some funerals and other weddings.  Before that, I think it was my Confirmation.  So I'm more of a Lapse Catholic than a practicing one...so I'm not some overly religious person looking for something to be offended about.

I was typing a text to a friend and typed out "thank God"...and as you know, when you're typing it will suggest words.  It suggested the correct word, however it used a lower case "g".  I expanded the list of possible words and there was no "god" starting with a capital letter.  "Vodafone" was there, no "God"

As an experiment I started typing the words "Allah" and there it was, perfectly capitalized.

Interesting, google, interesting.

1 comment:

  1. It's actually not that interesting.

    Certainly doesn't show a bias.

    "Allah" is a proper name.

    "god" is not.

    Did you try seeing if it autocapitalizes "Jesus" or "Christ" or "Buddha"?

    Or, for instance, it probably wouldn't capitalize "bill", even if it might be referring to someone named Bill.

    god = bill = normal word, that can also be used as a proper noun = no auto-caps.

    Jesus = Allah = Buddha = proper noun that is not a normal word = auto-caps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.