Saturday, March 5, 2011

How Fast Is Google Chrome?

Google likes their browser, "Chrome".  I don't.

Firefox does everything I need to do, I see no need to use another browser.  For years browsing was a problem, Firefox solved it and I've been here since.  There's nothing Chrome can do for me...well...maybe one thing.

Let's Try Milf.com
Anyway, Google and the small legion of Chrome zealots are always babbling about how "Chrome is faster than Firefox".  That's nice, ever dig into the menus and try to customize it?  Not so much to do in there, is there?  I can make Firefox do whatever I want "under the hood" as Chrome calls it.

Ok, so it's fast.  I agree, it loads pages pretty dang quickly.

However, there's a lot more to the Internet these days than pure browser speed.  RSS readers, news aggregation, "the social net", media streaming,

...hold on...watching the Gene Hackman cameo scene in Young Frankenstein.  Best ever...

OK...so, to show us how fast Chrome can mine our data they decided to release a bunch of videos. The videos have a bunch of Google eggheads building Rube Golderg machines;  showing us that Chrome can open a page faster than lightening, or a potato gun, or a bullet...whatever.

You can find the video over at techcrunch, while interesting and fun to watch they left me with one single question.

Does the guy that tells us they've moved on to the Idaho potato really have that haircut?

What a prick!

6 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Firefox better, too. I have all my stuff set up to find the things that I need about certain pages and SEO. Chrome has those things, too, but once you start putting them in, the browser is NOT faster. And Google's html thingy for Chrome SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, you are invited to comment on my blog.

    Paul...remember the nightmare that was Netscape? I've been in steadfast refusal to use IE for a long time, as long as I can remember and have tried every alternative out there.

    Nothing ever seemed to be what I wanted. Opera, Netscape, Mosaic, Mozilla in 1994...they all failed. Firefox came along and had everything I needed...I mean...tabbed browsing just got integrated in IE. I mean, seriously it's been around for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, you suck!

    I'm gonna give a big AMEN! I've used Firefox from since the first time I heard of it. It was love at first sight...

    I'm no techie like you, or Two Dogs, but even a techotard like me can see how clean it is. I'm sure something else will come along that is better. But for the average Joe like me that don't understand much about the worldwide computer, it's as good as it gets.

    Hey man...Mom and chirrens okay? Old bitch next door die yet? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, things have gotten a lot less stressful around these parts.

    Crazy lady next door got a smackdown and hasn't said peep since.

    Just work/sleep/work/sleep/work/sleep. I'm seriously going to make my alarm song Sonny and Cher's, "I Got You Babe".

    And, there have been slight, very slight, rumblings coming from the wife concerning another child. She's mentioned it at the most, two times...but it will only ramp up from here.

    There is zero chance of that happening while this one's still beta. Then and only then when he's version 1.5 will I consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nyuk! Ahhhh...to be young again...

    Dude, when The Mrs. was crankin' out flesh regularly, we didn't know nothing about Beta, or versions...

    We were stoopid. Don't get me wrong, I love all four boys dearly, and now that three of 'em are gone, I love 'em even more, if you know what I mean.

    I'm thinking of following Steve Finnell's blog. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to contribute. Blogs don't exist without an active community.