|My Local Comic Shop|
The most important thing about FCBD is not to get free stuff, it's to get new readership. So grab your non-comic-reader friend and head down to your closest shop and have a ball. Most shops will have artists ranging from pencillers, letterers to writers signing and doing sketches...it's a great time.
My haul for the day was:
- 12 Gauge - Ice
- 12 Gauge - Loose Ends
- Dark Horse Comics - Avatar
- Dark Horse Comics - Baltimore
- Dark Horse Comics - Criminal Macabre
- Dark Horse Comics - Star Wars "The Clone Wars"
- Dc - Green Lantern Special Edition
- Drawn & Quarterly - John Stanley's Summer Fun
- History Graphics Press - Civil War Adventures
- Idw - Locke & Key
- Liquid Comics - Silver Scorpion
- Marvel - Amazing Spider-Man
- Oni Press - Spontaneous
- Radical - Jake The Dreaming
- Red5 - Atomic Robo
- Th3rd World Studios - City Of Bones
- Th3rd World Studios - The Intrepid Escapegoat
- Th3rd World Studios - The Stuff Of Legend
- Top Cow - Artifacts
- Top Cow - The Darkness "Confession"
- Yen Press - Witch And Wizard
I also picked up a few posters, a custom Punisher sketch from Andy and Vernonica Fish (who's pretty damn cute by the way!), a Green Lantern heroclix and some Daredevil back issues I've been huntinig down. 50 cent bins are great!
While you're at it, head over to ComicBooksBoard for some great comic talk.